You wake up the in the morning and see your wedding dress hanging in the closet, wedding gifts stacked in the corner of your hotel room and although your wedding day is over, you begin thinking of ways to help you relive and preserve all the wonderful elements of your special day. In addition to wedding photos and videos, you can also consider ‘preserving’ your wedding day in other ways!
Wedding Gown Preservation
Brides take months to find the PERFECT dress and although the wedding day is over, many brides can’t bear to part with it. Many brides want to keep their dress as a special memento or to even pass on to their daughter one day. Some tips on wedding gown preservation:
1. Research different wedding gown preservation companies in your area. Ensure that the company is reputable.
2. Act quickly – take your dress to a preservation company within 6 weeks of your wedding date.
3. The dress should be stored in 100% acid free paper and box.
Wedding Bouquet Preservation
It is very common for brides to have a small toss bouquet made in addition to their wedding bouquet because they don’t want to toss their actual bouquet. So it makes perfect sense that brides are preserving their wedding bouquet to be displayed in their home along with the rest of their wedding photos. Some tips and information about bouquet preservation:
1. A common method for preservation is freeze-drying. This will extract the water from the flowers allowing them to keep their three dimensional shape.
2. Another method is pressing the flowers which will be two dimensional and is usually pressed onto paper or fabric.
3. After the wedding, keep the bouquet cool and hydrated until you can get them to the preservation company.
It is great to live in the moment but, it is also nice to have these wonderful keepsakes of the day that you said “I do!” ~ Tristin